Spartan Quest 2019: Kutná Hora Sprint

https://meziprekazkami.blogspot.com/2019/04/spartan-race-quest-2019-kutna-hora.html#more

The third SR in 2019 and the second of CEU Regional Series - Kutná Hora, Czech Republic: Sprint distance.
Just an hour drive from home. Few days before the race we all knew that there is a cold front comming and the race itself should not be nice at all :) Indeed, 3°C and gray sky. This contitions presage that accomplishing even Sprint obstacles could be tricky...



Minutes before the race I was solving serious issue. I have forgotten to leave my dioptric glasses at bag check and realized that when entering the starting corridor. Since I have only these I knew I can´t run wearing them... So I have been desperately running round the festival area trying to find a place where I can leave them. A very nice lady in nutrition stand was willing to keep them. Bless her!

Immediately after the start we all experienced the weak side of town race... Narrow alley was not able to allow us to run from the very beginning which is kinda frustrating, especially for Age Group racers. After several hundred metres the situation got better and we were able to continue in classis way. Until the very first obstacle. Queues... Another obstacle and queues again. Third obstacle. Queues. This time it was even dangerous. I have seen several racers beeing hit by another ones and falling down head first! I have seen some of them bleeding... But the obstacle race is not for princesess so there was no time to think about it. Generally I was very pleased with my performance. I managed to accomplish all the obstacles except of two. First one - simple monkey bar. Why? Because I did not even get a chance to try! I don´t know why but volunteer there said that it is forbbiden for women to use step for getting up. Result - majority of women including me were not able to jump so high to grab the first bar, so we were forced to do 30 burpees. Do not take me bad but I was pretty angry. Second set of burpees was for the spear throw. As ussual... :) What I´m really happy about, finally I fought that cursed Z-wall. Yay! Barbed wire crawl in the ice-cold creek was tough. I was freezing, but I knew the faster the better! Since the weather was pretty cold and we have been through a lot of wading I was very surprised by absolute absence of cramps. My common issue. This time not. Maybe because of very speedy race.

Final score:
6,9 + 60 burpees = 58:25 finish time.
Rank: 12th place Age Group and 95th place overall in women category (total 1468 finishing women).
CEU Regional Serie rank: 6th 

My personal evaluation:
Pretty cold race with some organizational issues.
The next stop:
Spartan Race Orte, Italy, Beast (IT national series)









Im interested in your comments and opinion. Leave me comment below :) 


Related articles:

Spartan Race Quest 2019 (1): Nagykanizsa Super
Follow my Spartan Race Quest 2019
OCR races in Czech Republic - English

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat

Děkuji za tvůj případný komentář!

Oblíbené