Spartan Quest 2019: Madrid Super

https://meziprekazkami.blogspot.com/2019/05/spartan-quest-2019-madrid-super.html#more

Next weekend, next destination and the next race. This time Spartan Race Spain - Madrid Super (Spain National Series) and my very first start in Elite division. I was looking to nice warm sunny race, but... :)




When we arrived at Los Ángeles de San Rafael on the race day, it was a little shock. People in winter clothing, hoarfrost on grass and about two degrees above zero. Spain in May? Come on! I´ve had just a tank top and shorts. OK, so the weather has forgotten to look in the calendar and I'll have to deal with it. As always...At 9a.m. I walked into the starting corridor, and with my poor knowledge of Spanish I understood only that the start of elite women would be separated. Thank God for that. The last thing I stood for was getting an elbow hit in my face. 
Accompanied by sounds of the Star Wars Imperial March, our little group started off. From the very beginning I was running at the tail of the starting field and found myself in the very last place after the my hair braid was tangled in the barbed wire. But I thought I wouldn't let it go and caught the other girls while swimming in the pond a kilometer later.
 Just after the pond swim, Multirig and Olympus obstacles awaited us. And there the ranking started to change a bit. About 5 kilometers away, the fastest men of Age group wave began to pass me. And I must say that half of them encouraged me in incredible way! I've never experienced this before. Thank you so much for all that nice words. It was very nice and it gave me the energy to run a little faster. I really enjoyed all the race. I didn't have to wait anywhere. No queues. No pushing, no kicking, no hitting. The calm matter of the race allowed me to succeed on obstacles without any struggles.
The crisis moment came about two kilometers before the finish, when I was enthusiastically running to the last water station. For a moment I stopped paying attention to the road and suddenly felt a sharp pain. My ankle bent to right angle and I almost fell on the table with the cups. All the volunteers have hushed and I recited half of the Czech dirty words. The male racers who followed me asked me if I was okay and I anxiousely moved my ankle. It have hurt, but no serious injury. I´ve  thanked everyone for their care and continued in the race.
In short, I was in the festival arena and I had the last five obstacles to go. The very same situation with the javelin like it was last week in Orte. I hit the target, but the spear ducked and touched the ground. No matter. The finish line was in sight. Just keep pushing. 30 burpees, Rope Climb, Hercules Hoist, A-Frame Carco and Slip Wall. Finish line! I´ve just finished my very first Elite category Spartan. What a pure happiness !!!


Final score:
13,7 km + 60 burpees = 2:11:52 finish time.
Rank: 18th place Elite

My personal evaluation:
Nice and interesting race. Well organized - I appreciate the possibility of picking up starting pack day before the race in Madrid city.

The next stop:
Spartan Race Zakopane, Poland, Srint (CEU regional series)

More race Photos:

Concentration before the race

Elite women start

Elite women start


That sad moment which have sent me to the tail of race for a while

Water ditch

Sandbag aka "pancake" carry


Monkey bar

Chain carry

Festival arena


I´m interested in your comments and opinion. Leave me comment below :) 


Related articles:

Spartan Quest 2019 (3): Orte Beast
Spartan Quest 2019 (1): Nagykanizsa Super
Spartan Quest 2019 (2): Kutná Hora Sprint  
Follow my Spartan Race Quest 2019
OCR races in Czech Republic - English

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat

Děkuji za tvůj případný komentář!

Oblíbené